Quinoa and Butternut Squash Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
Active Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 45-50 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Print RecipeFIND A COUPON
- 6 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup butternut squash cubes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional, for added crunch)
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Typically, you’ll use 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups of water. Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Let it cool completely.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Toss the butternut squash cubes in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the squash is tender and slightly caramelized. Let them cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the baby spinach, cooked and cooled quinoa, roasted butternut squash cubes, crumbled feta cheese, pomegranate arils, and toasted walnuts (if using).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar until well combined. Season the dressing with a pinch of salt and a dash of black pepper. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed to suit your preferences.
- Drizzle the desired amount of Maple Dijon Vinaigrette over the salad. Gently toss the salad to coat all the ingredients evenly with the dressing.