Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole
Active Time: 10 minutes • Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
- 3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 18 ounces Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 ½ cups cream cheese
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese, divided
By Nicole Harris, Wonky Wonderful
Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole is a super quick and easy 30 minute dinner recipe that the entire family will enjoy. Broccoli and rice are combined with a creamy sauce and lots of cheese to make this meal extra satisfying. Great for Meatless Monday or even as a side dish.
Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole Without Soup
I’m just gonna say it. . . I’m not a fan of ‘cream of whatever’ soups. I grew up in the 80’s so my childhood was filled with canned soup casseroles. But I like to have the least amount of ingredients in my recipes, keep it simple. The creamy sauce is a simple blend of cream cheese and milk, no thickening of the sauce required.
We are using Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Broccoli because not only is it nutritious, high quality and sustainable, but it’s convenient, too!
1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
2. Preheat oven to 375ºF
3. Combine rice, broccoli and 1 cup shredded cheese in large bowl.
4. Combine cream cheese and milk. Microwave 60-90 seconds, until mixture can be stirred smooth. Add mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
5. Pour sauce mixture over broccoli and rice. Stir until evenly coated then transfer to a 3.5 qt greased casserole dish.
6. Top with remaining cheese then bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Broil on high 4-5 minutes to brown top. Serve.
Here are a few more Easy Casserole Recipes for your weeknight dinner rotation:
One-Pot Taco Casserole: This casserole comes together super fast! Use Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Sweet Corn.
Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole: Always a dinner time hit… add Earthbound Farm Frozen Broccoli or Spinach to this casserole to get even more nutritious veggies on the table!
Turkey Spinach Artichoke Wild Rice Casserole: This casserole is unique, interesting and tasty! Use Earthbound Farm Fresh Baby Spinach.