Brown Butter Green Beans and Hazelnuts
Active Time: 10-15 minutes • Total Time: 10-15 minutes
Yields: 3-4 servings
- 12oz Earthbound Farm Organic Green Beans
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
With minimal effort and maximum flavor, these green beans will have your guests raving about your culinary skills. The subtle hint of garlic, a zesty splash of lemon juice, and a sprinkle of lemon zest bring a harmonious balance to this delightful dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for about 3-4 minutes until they are bright green and tender-crisp. Quickly drain the beans and transfer them to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook the butter until it starts to brown and has a nutty aroma. This should take about 3-4 minutes. Be sure to watch the butter closely to prevent it from burning. Once it turns a light brown color, remove it from the heat.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped hazelnuts and return it to medium heat. Toast the hazelnuts for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet with the hazelnuts and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the blanched green beans to the skillet and toss to coat them in the browned butter, hazelnuts, and garlic. Cook the beans for another 2-3 minutes until heated through and well-coated.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the green beans and sprinkle with lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the beans one more time to distribute the flavors. Transfer the brown-butter green beans with hazelnuts to a serving platter and serve immediately.