Winter Citrus & Baby Green Salad
Active Time: 10 minutes • Total Time: 10 minutes
- Salad Ingredients:
- 4 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Red Butter Lettuce
- 4 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Arugula
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 2 blood oranges, skin removed & sliced
- 2 seedless clementines, peeled & sectioned
- 1 small apple, core removed, thinly sliced (I used a Pink Lady)
- 1/2 cup candied pecan pieces (store bought or home made)
- Honey Dijon Dressing (recipe follows)
- Honey Dijon Dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Zimmy’s Nook pulled together this simple but luscious salad that highlights the bright and tangy flavors of winter fruits, perfectly complemented by a simple honey Dijon vinaigrette. This salad is stunning for a special dinner but so simple you’ll want to get it on the table regularly.
Place the greens on a large platter. Add the, oranges, clementines and apple, then sprinkle with pomegranate arils and pecans.
Just before serving, drizzle about 1/2 cup of the dressing (more to taste) over the salad and gently toss.
Honey Dijon Dressing
Combine all ingredients in a glass jar (with a tight-fitting lid) and shake well to combine.
Refrigerate leftover dressing and use for another salad or drizzle on roasted vegetables.