Roasted Veggies and Pumpkin with Cranberry Sauce
Active Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 bags Earthbound Farm Organic Vegetable Medley
- 1 bags Earthbound Farm Organic Brussels Sprouts
- 1 small pumpkin or half of a larger one
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or your favorite herbs)
- For the Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- Zest of one orange
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- Salt to taste
This dish is not only a flavorful celebration of the season but also an ingenious way to put those pumpkins to good use. A colorful medley of Earthbound Farm Organic Vegetable Medley, Brussels sprouts, and roasted pumpkin moons, perfectly seasoned and caramelized to perfection with a dollop of cranberry sauce.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- Cut the pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds and stringy bits, and cut it into half moons. You can leave the skin on if it’s edible or peel it if preferred.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegetable medley, halved Brussels sprouts, and pumpkin moons. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, and dried thyme. Toss to coat the vegetables and pumpkin evenly.
- Spread the seasoned vegetables and pumpkin in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until they are tender and slightly browned, tossing once or twice during roasting for even cooking.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the cranberry sauce. In a saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup or honey, orange zest, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg (if using), and a pinch of salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, which should take about 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust the sweetness or seasoning as needed.
- Once the roasted vegetables and pumpkin are done, remove them from the oven. Arrange the roasted vegetables and pumpkin on a serving platter or individual plates. Drizzle the warm Cranberry Sauce over the top.