Roasted Pear Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Active Time: 5-10 minutes • Total Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 ripe pears, firm but slightly ripe, cored and sliced
- 6 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 cup cooked black rice
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Store-bought or homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing (see below)
Fall flavors come alive in our Roasted Pear Spinach Salad. Roasted pears, black rice, baby spinach, and the richness of blue cheese or feta combine for a taste of autumn. Topped with grated walnuts and a balsamic vinaigrette, it’s a delicious celebration of the season.
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Place the sliced pears on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast them in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until they become slightly caramelized and tender. Keep an eye on them to avoid overcooking.
2. While the pears are roasting, assemble the salad. In a large salad bowl, combine the baby spinach, cooked black rice, crumbled blue cheese or feta, and grate the walnuts over the salad.
3. Once the pears are done roasting, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly for a few minutes. Then, add the roasted pear slices to the salad.
4. Drizzle your preferred amount of balsamic vinaigrette dressing over the salad. You can use store-bought dressing or make your own by mixing balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey (optional), salt, and pepper to taste.
5. Gently toss all the salad ingredients together to ensure the dressing coats everything evenly. Divide the salad into individual servings and serve immediately.