Persimmon Power Greens Salad with Crispy Prosciutto
Active Time: 30 minutes • Total Time: 35-40 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
- For the salad:
- 6 cups Earthbound Farm Power Greens
- 2 ripe Fuyu persimmons, sliced
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Get ready to impress your guests this holiday season with a delightful and festive salad that combines the vibrant flavors of the season. Whether you’re hosting a festive gathering or simply craving a taste of the holidays, this Power Greens Salad will be a showstopper. This recipe is as easy to prepare as it is to enjoy, making it a stress-free addition to your holiday menu.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Place the prosciutto slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the prosciutto is crispy and slightly browned. Keep an eye on it, as cooking times can vary based on the thickness of the prosciutto. Once crispy, remove the prosciutto from the oven and let it cool. Then, crumble or break it into small pieces.
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the pecan halves, stirring frequently, for about 5-7 minutes, or until they become fragrant and slightly toasted. Be careful not to burn them. Remove the toasted pecans from the skillet and let them cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard until well combined. Season the dressing with salt and black pepper to taste. Adjust the sweetness or acidity if desired.
- In a large platter, combine the power greens, sliced persimmons, crumbled crispy prosciutto, blue cheese, and toasted pecans.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Start with a portion of the dressing and add more as needed, depending on your preference for the level of dressing. Toss the salad gently to coat the ingredients evenly with the dressing.