Spinach, Beet and Citrus Salad
Active Time: 25 minutes • Total Time: 55-60 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- For the Salad:
- 8 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach
- 4 small beets, roasted, peeled, and sliced into thin rounds
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1/4 cup candied pecans, roughly chopped
- For the Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1 medium orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Enjoy the holidays with our Roasted Beet and Baby Spinach Salad, featuring earthy roasted beets, fresh baby spinach, goat cheese, and candied pecans, all brought to life with our zesty Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette. This vibrant salad pairs perfectly with Bonterra Chardonnay, enhancing your festive celebrations with its crisp apple and ripe pear notes.
- Start by preparing the beets. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Wash the beets, trim off the tops, and wrap them individually in aluminum foil. Place the wrapped beets on a baking sheet and roast for about 45-60 minutes or until they are tender when pierced with a fork. Let them cool, then peel and slice them into thin rounds. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, arrange the baby spinach leaves as the base for your salad.
- Scatter the roasted beet and orange slices over the spinach.
- Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese evenly over the salad.
- Add the chopped candied pecans to give the salad a delightful crunch.
- In a small bowl, combine the extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, orange zest, orange juice, honey, and Dijon mustard.
- Whisk the dressing until it emulsifies and is well combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.Taste the dressing and adjust the sweetness or acidity as desired by adding more honey or orange juice, if necessary.
- Drizzle the Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette over the salad. Toss the salad gently to coat the ingredients evenly with the Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette. Serve the salad immediately. This flavorful vinaigrette adds a zesty and slightly sweet note to the salad, making it a delightful pairing for your Thanksgiving meal. Enjoy!