Greek Salad for a Crowd, Large or Small
Active Time: 10-20 minutes • Total Time: 0 minutes
Yields: 4-10 Servings
- MUST HAVES:
- Earthbound Farm Organic Spring Mix or Earthbound Farm Organic Mighty Spinach Blend
- Earthbound Farm Organic Romaine Hearts cut in crosswise in strips, or in bite-size pieces
- cucumbers peeled or not, halved lengthwise and cut in half-moons or diced
- mini or full-size mixed bell peppers, cut in strips or diced
- organic tomatoes in a mix of size and colors, diced or sliced, or cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Feta cheese, cut in large cubes or sliced in ½-inch thick slabs
- mixed olives, pitted or not – you choose!
- FOR SERVING:
- halved lemon for squeezing
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh or dried Greek oregano
- freshly ground pepper
- OPTIONAL ADD-ONS: (many of these can be found at the olive bar at the supermarket)
- giant white beans
- grilled artichokes
- pepperoncini peppers
- stuffed grape leaves
- roasted peppers
- hard-cooked eggs
- poached or grilled shrimp
- poached or grilled salmon
- grilled lamb
- grilled or roasted chicken
This salad is perfect for entertaining, no matter how big the crowd or how many dietary restrictions you need to worry about. There’s something for everyone, and they get to compose their own perfect salad, whether they like their greens crunchy or tender, their peppers raw or pickled, or their salads veggie-dense or protein packed.
Arrange the must-have greens, vegetables and feta and any optional add-ons in colorful stripes across large oval or rectangular platters or in mounds on large round platters.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and oregano, if using.
Serve with lemons, olive oil and vinegar so everyone can dress their own salad as they see fit.