Watermelon, Feta, and Baby Kale Salad with Honey-Thyme Vinaigrette
Prep time: 20-25 minutes • Cook time: 0 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons clover honey
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 5-ounce container Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Kale, Spinach, or Organic Baby Arugula
- 1½ cups watermelon cubes
- 6 ounces feta cheese, drained and cubed (or crumbled, or cut into triangles)
- ¾ cup very coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- ½ cup pitted brined green and/or black olives, halved lengthwise
- 20 basil leaves, chopped
Make this salad with our organic baby kale, baby spinach, arugula, or a combination of all three! The baby kale is more earthy, while the spinach is milder, and the arugula is just a little peppery. The watermelon adds a sweet, juicy crunch that’s a perfect counterpoint to the tangy greens, feta, and the briny olives. You could also make this with slices of watermelon—simply line the plates or a platter with them, then mound the tossed salad on top. If you love goat cheese, feel free to substitute it for the feta here.
Make the vinaigrette:
Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl; make sure to dissolve the honey. Season with salt and pepper.
Make the salad:
Toss whichever organic greens you are using with some of the vinaigrette until all the leaves are lightly coated. Drizzle the watermelon lightly with some of the dressing. Mound the salad on plates and arrange the watermelon and feta on the greens. Top with the toasted walnuts and olives and garnish the salads with the basil. Serve the remaining dressing on the side, giving it a quick stir before pouring.
Toasting your walnuts: