Tuna Gyro Wrap
Active Time: 10 minutes • Total Time: 15 minutes
- Wrap Ingredients:
- 2 Pescavore Ahi Tuna Jerky Strips
- ½ cup Earthbound Farm organic romaine hearts
- ½ cup organic cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup organic cucumber
- ¼ cup Feta or goat cheese
- 2 Pita breads or Tortillas
- Jalapenos (optional)
- Yogurt Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup organic chopped cucumber
- 1 cup thick organic whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 organic garlic clove, grated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon organic chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon organic chopped mint, optional
Gyros are among our very favorite wraps and this zesty version is made with Earthbound Farm organic romaine and sustainably-fished Pescavore Caribbean jerk tuna. Watch freediver, spearfisherwoman, and sustainable seafood advocate Valentine Thomas walk you through this simple meal and explain why organic farming on the land is so important for the health of our marine ecosystems.
Start by making your yogurt sauce. Grate the cucumber into a bowl and mix with the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and herbs. Chill the yogurt sauce until you’re ready to use. Next, chop the romaine hearts and slice the tomatoes. Place your pita bread on a flat surface.
Spread a heaping spoon full of your chilled yogurt sauce to your pita bread. Top with chopped romaine and tomatoes. Place tuna strips with greens, and sprinkle your feta cheese. If you like a little spice, add a few slices of jalapeno and enjoy!