Thai Shrimp Lettuce Cups
Active Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 10 minutes
Yields: Servings: 4
- ¼ pound green beans, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and minced
- 1 package Earthbound Farm Little Gem lettuce and/or 1 package Earthbound Farm Butter lettuce
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional; do not add if you are using sweet shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons rice powder
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass, tough outer leaves discarded, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Thai chilis (depending on your heat level), thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves, roughly chopped, loosely packed
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped, loosely packed
- Neutral oil, such as avocado or grapeseed, as needed
Recipe by Homemade
In a wok or large saute pan over medium high heat add about 2 tablespoons of oil. Once the oil is shimmery and hot add the green beans and, stirring frequently, cook until they turn bright green, approximately 2 minutes.
Add the red onion and saute until they begin to brown, approximately 2 minutes.
Add the minced shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp is bright pink and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
In a small bowl combine lime juice, fish sauce, honey (if using), rice powder, garlic and lemongrass. Taste and adjust to your preference, adding more lime juice or fish sauce as needed.
Pour the sauce over the shrimp mixture. Add the scallions, thai chilis, mint and cilantro and stir to combine.
Arrange lettuce cups on a platter. Spoon shrimp mixture (larb goong) generously into each lettuce cup. Garnish with more mint and cilantro, if desired.