TASTE OF PAD THAI SALAD WITH TAMARI LIME PEANUT DRESSING
Active Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (e.g. avocado, sunflower)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon white wine or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanutbutter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- FOR THE SALAD
- 1 7-oz package Earthbound Farm Organic Sweet & Crisp Romaine Heart Leaves
- 1/2 small red cabbage
- 4 medium carrots, scrubbed
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro or fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
The complex flavors of Thai food have become so widely beloved, we just had to pull together a salad to elevate those flavors. Our Organic Sweet & Crisp Romaine Heart Leaves make a delightful canvas for the sweet and spicy flavors of this extraordinary salad. And if you’re one of those people for whom cilantro tastes like soap, don’t skip this salad…just skip the cilantro.
You can easily add protein to this salad with some cooked chicken, shredded pork, pork belly, or shrimp.
FOR THE DRESSING
In a medium jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, tamari, white wine vinegar, peanut butter, water, lime juice, sriracha, and ground ginger. Shake vigorously until well-combined and fully emulsified.
FOR THE SALAD
Tear or chop the romaine leaves into bite-sized pieces. Shred the red cabbage and carrots. Thinly slice the green onions. Chop the peanuts and cilantro.
Place romaine, cabbage, carrots, and green onions in a large bowl and drizzle lightly with dressing. Toss until evenly coated with dressing then top with edamame and cilantro or basil. Drizzle with additional dressing if desired and top with chopped peanuts.