Summer Fruit & Butter Lettuce Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
Active Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- FOR THE SALAD
- 1 6-oz package Earthbound Farm Organic Sweet & Crisp Butter Lettuce Leaves
- 2 ripe organic yellow peaches, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup ripe organic strawberries, slices
- 1/4 cup mint chiffonade (optional)
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, chopped
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Sweet & Crisp Organic Butter Lettuce leaves make the ideal foundation for this beautiful salad where ripe peaches and strawberries are the true stars of the show. The added gorgonzola and toasted nuts provide the perfect salty, crunchy counterpoints to the rich summer flavors.
Note: the recipe calls for mint chiffonade. That is really just a way cutting mint or basil (or other flat-leaf greens) into fine strips. To chiffonade the mint, stack some leaves, roll them tightly, then slicing the leaves perpendicular to the roll. This little video helps illustrate how it’s done.
FOR THE DRESSING
Place all ingredients in a medium jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously until well blended and fully emulsified.
FOR THE SALAD
Place the butter lettuce leaves and mint (if using) in a large bowl, drizzle lightly with dressing, and toss to coat evenly.
Add fruit and a bit more dressing and toss again. Top with cheese and nuts and serve.