Spring Mix with Curry Vinaigrette
Active Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/5 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 8 ounce Earthbound Farm Organic Spring Mix
- 1 Earthbound Farm Organic Fuji or Gala apple
- 1/3 cup Earthbound Farm Organic Raisins
This delicious, subtly spiced vinaigrette lifts a simple salad to a sublime level. Here it works especially well with toasty nuts, crunchy seeds, juicy apples and chewy-sweet raisins adorning tender baby greens.
Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to combine.
In a dry skillet, toast the pecans over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring once or twice, until they’re fragrant and just beginning to brown. Watch them carefully to prevent burning. Cool until you can handle them safely, and then chop coarsely. (Warm nuts tend to cut more cleanly with fewer crumbs.)
Toast the pumpkin seeds in the same manner, until lightly browned and fragrant.
Place greens in a large bowl with the nuts, seeds, apple and raisins. Add about half of the dressing and toss thoroughly. Taste and add more vinaigrette if needed. Serve immediately.