Spinach Salad with Manchego Cheese and Blueberry Vinaigrette
Active Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 0 minutes
Yields: 2 Servings
- BLUEBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup Blueberry Purée
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra- virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Raw honey
- 3 cup Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 Persian or Japanese cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shaved Manchego cheese
- 1 green onion
- dried cherries or edible flowers
Baby spinach and blueberries are natural partners in this simple yet impressive salad.
Don’t dress the salad until just before you’re ready to serve it. Baby greens can get soggy when they sit too long with the dressing.
Make the vinaigrette:
Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a jar and shake until blended. You can also whisk them together in a bowl if you don’t have a jar handy.
Assemble the salad:
Place the baby spinach in a bowl large enough to accommodate it, with room for tossing. Add as much dressing as you like, then toss the greens to coat evenly. Sprinkle in the remaining ingredients onto the spinach and toss gently.