Southwestern Shrimp Salad
Active Time: 30 minutes • Total Time: 0 minutes
Yields: 3 servings
- Southwestern Spice Blend:
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 bag Earthbound Farm Organic Southwest Chopped Salad Kit
- 12-15 sweet mini peppers
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 Earthbound Farm Organic Avocado, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Earthbound Farm Organic Frozen Corn, thawed
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 3 lime wheels, halved
Inspired by the Earthbound Farm Organic Southwest Chopped Salad Kit, this colorful creation by thefeedfeed and Two of a Kind Cooks features seasonal produce and a great source of protein: shrimp!
The convenient Southwest Kit comes with a variety of greens, toppings, and dressing, making meal prep a breeze!
Southwestern Spice Blend: Combine ground cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, sea salt, and ground coriander into small bowl
Salad: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the mini peppers on one side of a baking sheet and the sweet potato on the other side. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with 1.5 teaspoons Southwestern spice blend; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir gently and bake for 5 minutes. Remove peppers from the oven and bake the sweet potato for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Season shrimp with remaining Southwestern spice blend. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until opaque in the center.
Divide and arrange greens, roasted mini peppers and sweet potato, pan-friend shrimp, avocado, corn, green onions, crunchy toppings (included in Earthbound Farm Salad Kit) and lime wheels among three salad plates.
Drizzle Earthbound Farm tomatillo dressing (from salad kit) over salad and season with salt and pepper.