Soba Noodles with Green Crunch Salad
Active Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 0 minutes
Yields: 6 Servings
- 8 ounces dried buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Half & Half Baby Spinach & Arugula
- 2 Persian cucumbers, halved lengthwise + sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk, from can
- 3/4 cup watermelon seed or almond butter
- 1 Earthbound Farm Organic Garlic clove, peel removed
- 2 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
Alexandra Dawson’s blog In My Bowl celebrates plant-based recipes inspired by seasonal and local ingredients with the goal of making nourishing meals and holistic living accessible to all. Her Asian-inspired pasta and salad hybrid—which strikes a satisfying balance of being hearty and creamy yet bright, light, and crunchy—will surely have you, and those you’re feeding, going back for seconds!
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add soba noodles and cook per package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water until chilled throughout. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss Spinach/Arugula Half & Half with sliced cucumber, cabbage, cilantro, and mint. Set aside.
In a high speed blender or food processor fitted with an S-blade, whiz coconut milk, nut better, garlic, tamari, coconut sugar, and lime juice until very well blended and smooth. Set aside.
To Assemble: In a large serving bowl, gently toss prepared soba noodles with salad mixture. Alternatively, serve salad mixture atop soba noodles. Sprinkle with chopped cashews and pumpkin seeds, dress to taste, serve, and enjoy!