Pasta Salad with Peas, Feta and Basil
Prep time: 15 minutes • Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
- 8 ounces rotini
- 10 ounces Earthbound Farm Organic Frozen Green Peas
- 3 tablespoons good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 Earthbound Farm Organic Green Onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Dressed simply with a good fruity olive oil and fresh lemon juice, this light, colorful pasta salad makes a delicious light lunch or side dish. Make it a complete meal by adding your favorite protein, like some grilled chicken, chunks of roast turkey, cooked shrimp, strips of leftover steak or even grilled tofu.
Cook the pasta as directed on the package. Stir in the peas during the last 1-1/2 to 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process. Transfer to a salad bowl.
Add the olive oil and lemon juice, and toss well. Stir in the feta, basil, olives, tomatoes and onions. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Fresh Variation: Substitute 2 cups of fresh peas for the frozen. The cooking time remains the same.