Rosé Salad with Pears, Goat Cheese and Candied Pecans
Active Time: 10 minutes • Total Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 2 Servings
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced shallot
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 box (5 ounces) Earthbound Farm Organic Rosé Blend
- 1 large or 2 small pears, such as Bosc, Anjou, Bartlett, red Bartlett and Sekel— halved, cored and thinly sliced, diced or cut into thick matchsticks
- 2 ½ ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup very coarsely chopped candied pecans
In this organic beauty of a salad, it’s great to showcase a variety of pears with different colors, textures and flavors. It’s also fun to vary the shape of the pear pieces—some can be slivers, some in slices, some in cubes. It all adds interest to the experience of eating the salad when every bite is just a little different.
The dressing makes more than you’ll use, most probably, but it’s always good to have a little extra on hand.
These lettuces are quite delicate, for the most part, so only toss the salad right before serving.
In a small jar, cover the shallot slices with the wine vinegar and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the mustard and olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Close the jar and shake vigorously.
In a large bowl, combine the Rosé lettuces, pears, goat cheese and pecans. Give the dressing another good shake and drizzle half of it over the salad, making sure to get some of the marinated shallot.
Toss the salad gently but thoroughly and add more dressing if desired, then serve.
WINE SUGGESTION: Serve a dry rosé as a perfect complement to this gorgeous salad.