Romaine Hearts with Smoked Salmon
Active Time: 10 minutes • Total Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 2 Servings
- 1 5 oz. pack Earthbound Farm Organic Romaine Hearts
- 2 oz. smoked salmon, torn into pieces
- ⅔ cup red cabbage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup coconut flakes, roasted
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 small shallot minced or 1/4 red onion minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
For the dressing, blend ingredients in a food processor on high until smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
Place desired amount of coconut flakes in a large skillet. Cook over low-medium heat, stirring frequently, until the flakes are mostly golden brown. If the coconut is sweetened it tends to brown faster so, it will take less time. Set aside.
Divide romaine hearts between plates or shallow bowls. Drizzle with dressing as desired; season with salt and pepper. Top each salad with 1 oz. salmon, 1/3 cup cabbage, coconut flakes, and some red onion. Drizzle with a little more dressing and enjoy!