Quick Organic Power Greens and Vegetable Frittata
Active Time: 20 minutes • Total Time: 8 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup Earthbound Farm Organic Vegetable Medley
- ¼ cup mushrooms mix, chopped (we recommend shiitake and king oyster mushrooms)
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 handful Earthbound Farm Organic Power Greens
- 4-5 tablespoons pesto, store bought or make your own spinach pesto (ingredients below)
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- ½ avocado, sliced for topping Salt and pepper to taste
- Red chili pepper flakes
- Spinach Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cup Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach
- ¼ cup cilantro, rough chopped (stems included is fine)
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Here’s a great idea for a satisfying breakfast, lunch, brunch or even dinner: try this uncomplicated but super satisfying frittata from our great friends at Curry Girls Kitchen. They sure know how to whip a bunch of fresh greens and veggies into something we can’t wait to devour! This frittata comes together so quickly, it’s perfect for a last-minute-got-home-late-not-a-lot-of-time dinner. For dinner, we suggest serving it with a simple salad and maybe a nice piece of crusty bread.
If making the pesto: in a food processor add spinach and cilantro and pulse together. Next, add pine nuts and garlic and pulse until finely chopped. Lastly, add grated cheese and olive oil and pulse until spread like consistency. Then set aside pesto.
Preheat skillet on medium heat.
In a medium sized bowl, mix eggs and sea salt well.
In a skillet, add olive oil, onions and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
Next add chopped vegetables and cover for 1-3 minutes until vegetables are soft and tender. Keep them vibrant green.
Pour eggs into vegetables to cover the bottom of the pan, then add a handful of greens, olives, salt, pepper, and sprinkles of grated cheese.
Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes, until set and desired consistency.
Top with remaining grated cheese, avocados, and red chili flakes.
Lastly, slice into 4-6 wedges and serve. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!