Peachy Grilling Sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes • Cook time: 45 minutes
Yields: 10 Servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced Earthbound Farm Organic Yellow Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 package Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Sliced Peaches
- 2 tablespoon peach jam
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon peach brandy or peach schnapps
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- pinch salt
Not your ordinary barbecue sauce, this zesty combination of peaches and ginger makes a nice change of pace for grilling. Best of all it uses frozen peaches, so you can make this fresh-flavored sauce any time of the year. Try it with chicken or pork — delicious!
This recipe makes about 1-1/4 cups, or about 10 2-tablespoon servings.
Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions soften, about 8 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and 1 tablespoon of water, cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peaches are soft, 20 to 30 minutes. Let the mixture cool for 15 minutes.
Put the peach mixture into a blender or food processor and purée until smooth. Transfer to a clean container, cover, and refrigerate for up to 7 days.