Organic Blueberry Spinach Daystarter Smoothie
Active Time: 5 minutes • Total Time: 7 minutes
Yields: 1 smoothie
- 3/4 cup Organic Valley Whole Milk
- 2 cups, packed Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach
- 2 ribs, chopped Earthbound Farm Organic Celery
- a handful of almonds, pecans, or a tablespoon of your favorite nut butter
- 1/4 up old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced
- 1 cup Earthbound Farm Organic Frozen Blueberries
- 1 serving your favorite organic protein powder (optional)
This smoothie — a collaboration with our friends at Organic Valley — is a nourishing, tasty, and satisfying way to kick your day off with plenty of antioxidants, calcium, and a nice balance of macronutrients. Bonus – you’ll get a real head start on your daily allocation of fruits and veggies since this smoothie delivers five servings. It’s not too sweet so if you prefer a sweeter smoothie, you could add a tablespoon or two of honey or a date or two. If you happen to freeze banana slices, frozen banana is great, too, but not necessary. Vary the amount of milk depending on what consistency you prefer your smoothies. The recipe as written makes a thick smoothie.
Put all ingredients into the carafe of your blender in the order listed. Blend on low until ingredients are mixed, then blend on high for one minute, or until smooth and silky.