Mexican Breakfast Salad
Active Time: 5 minutes • Total Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 2 Servings
- 2 handfuls Earthbound Farm Organic Half & Half Spinach and Spring Mix
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 cup roasted chipotle sweet potatoes, see below
- 1 Earthbound Farm Organic Avocado, sliced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup bell peppers, sautéed
- 2 eggs, fried over easy
- ROASTED CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATOES:
- 1 large sweet potato (or 2 small), diced
- 1 glug, olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked chipotle seasoning
- salt, to taste
Sometimes the best salads come from no recipe at all. This “thrown together” Mexican-inspired breakfast salad from Rachel DeVaux is not only a fiesta of flavors, but it is also savory and satisfying without weighing you down. In other words, it’s the perfect way to start your day!
Pre-heat broiler to medium/hot heat.
Toss Sweet potatoes with olive oil, chipotle seasoning and salt. Broil sweet potatoes for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned, tossing intermittently.
Assemble salad in two large bowls or plates, beginning with greens and artfully arranging toppings in a circle, placing the eggs on top last.