Maple-Chipotle Butternut Squash
Prep time: 5 minutes • Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
- 3 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Shallot, chopped
- 2 Bags Earthbound Farm Frozen Butternut Squash Chunks
- 3 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Chipotles in Adobo, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Butter
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Chopped Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas), for sprinkling
One of the amazing recipes in our Best Butternut Squash Trinity – a quick and easy side or perfect main for those cool Autumn evenings.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the shallot and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the squash and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until thawed, about 5 minutes. Stir in the maple syrup and chipotle and cook, stirring, until sizzling, about 2 minutes.
Transfer the squash to a food processor, add the butter and puree until very smooth and light. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape the squash into a bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup, garnish with pumpkin seeds and serve.