Low Carb Chicken Curry Casserole
Active Time: 20 minutes • Total Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 3 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Earthbound Farm organic cauliflower florets
- 1 cup Earthbound Farm organic broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup grated Gouda or Mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (e.g. coconut or sunflower)
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or more to your taste)
- salt & pepper
The comforting cues of a casserole catalyzed by the vibrant flavor of curry, plenty of veggies and no simple carbs.
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Cut the chicken and the peppers into bite-sized pieces. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
Heat some oil in a pan and brown the chicken on all sides. Place browned chicken on a plate and set aside.
Saute the onion and the garlic in some oil. Add the vegetables, paprika and curry to the pan and saute briefly. Add the coconut milk and then the meat again.
Let everything braise until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables have the desired bite.
Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Put the curry in a casserole dish, spread the cheese over the top and bake for about 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly but not too brown. Let cool before serving.