Low Carb Cabbage Roll Casserole
Prep time: 15 minutes • Cook time: 35 minutes
Yields: 8 Servings
- 2 (14oz) packages Earthbound Farm Organic Cauliflower Medley riced veggies
- 4 tablespoons Oil
- 1 large Green Cabbage sliced thick
- 28 ounces Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Italian Season
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 4-5 slices No Sugar Bacon chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper seeded, chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 cup Baby Spinach chopped
- 1-2 cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese (optional)
There’s something incredibly comforting about a classic cabbage roll. In this version, our friend Nicole from Wonky Wonderful offers a low-carb hack of the classic recipe, featuring Earthbound Farm Organic Riced Cauliflower Medley. This delicious update is not only quick and simple, it’s low carb and super nutritious!
Preheat oven to 375ºF2.
Sauté Earthbound Farm Organic Cauliflower Medley riced veggies in oil over medium/high until golden browned. Do this in 2 separate batches. Transfer to large greased casserole dish, spread into even layer.
Layer half the cabbage on top of riced veggies.
Mix crushed tomatoes, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and Italian season. Pour half of mixture over cabbage, spread evenly.
Brown ground beef and bacon, drain fat if necessary. Layer on top of cabbage and tomatoes.
Sauté bell pepper and onion in oil over medium/high heat until tender. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Layer sautéed veggies over meat.
Salt and pepper to preference. Layer remaining cabbage and tomato mixture on top.
Cover dish with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Top with shredded cheese and heat 2-3 minutes to melt.