Lentil Meatloaf cups topped with Mashed Cauliflower
Active Time: 10 minutes • Total Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 9 cups
- ¾ cup cooked lentils
- 6 tablespoons dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup chopped yellow or sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Drizzle of oil to saute with use broth for oil free
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup oats , gluten-free if needed
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, optional depending on barbecue sauce used
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 9 tablespoons extra barbecue sauce to top
- Earthbound Farm Organic Frozen Mashed Cauliflower to top or eat with
These tasty lentil “meatloaf” cups topped with mashed cauliflower by Veggies Don’t Bite are easy to make and taste incredible! To make this a loaf, you need to quadruple the recipe (x4) and then bake in a loaf pan.
If you’re looking for a complete vegan, dairy-free meal, make your own mashed cauliflower using our organic riced cauliflower – simple steam or bake cauliflower then puree in a blender or food processor with milk of choice, sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 375 F/ 190 C
Saute onion and garlic in a pan with oil or broth until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
Put it with the other ingredients (except extra barbecue sauce and mashed cauliflower) into a food processor and pulse until crumbly in texture.
Put into greased muffin tins (or loaf pan) and bake for 30-35 minutes. You want the meatloaf to be firm but not overcooked.
Allow to cool to help firm up the texture.
Prepare mashed cauliflower by following directions on the package and serve on top or on the side of the meatloaf. Enjoy!