Leftover Turkey Soup with Sweet Potatoes and Power Greens
Prep time: 5 minutes • Cook time: 35 minutes
Yields: 6 Servings
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 cups cooked turkey meat, cut into small pieces
- 2 quarts Turkey or Chicken Stock
- 3 cups Earthbound Farm Organic sweet potato, small dice
- 1 pound Earthbound Farm Power Greens
- salt and pepper to taste
Don’t ditch that leftover meat! This soup is a great way to pack in the greens and nutrients from sweet potatoes as well as use up left over turkey from any occasion.
Heat oil in soup pot. Add onion, carrot and celery and stir over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes, covered, and then add sweet potato, thyme and stock to pot.
Simmer until sweet potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes and then add turkey and power greens.
Season with salt and pepper.