Green Beans with Lemon, Dill and Dijon Dressing
Active Time: 10 minutes • Total Time: 14 minutes
Yields: Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 x 12 oz packages of Earthbound Farm Organic Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
A fresh, tasty and healthy side for any night of the week! You’ll love this simple recipe by Zimmy’s Nook.
In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
Half fill a large bowl with cold water and ice to shock the green beans when you remove them from the boiling water.
Add beans to boiling water. Let boil for 3 to 4 minutes. The colour of the beans should be bright, and the texture firm but tender. Taste beans 3 minutes to make sure whether it has the right texture.
Strain the beans and place in the ice bath to stop the cooking process. Shake off excess water, and dry them well with a towel.
MAKE THE DRESSING AND TOSS TO COAT:
In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, add the dill, minced shallots, Dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Shake well, then pour over the beans and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature