Curried Butternut Squash Puree
Prep time: 10 minutes • Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Onion, minced
- 1 Teaspoons Grated Fresh Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons Madras Curry Powder
- 2 Bags Earthbound Farm Frozen Butternut Squash
- 1/2 Cup Peeled Apple (such as Granny Smith), coarsely grated
- 3 Tablespoons Whole Milk Yogurt (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lime Juice
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Chopped Roasted Cashews, for garnish
Perfectly curried butternut squash? What more can you ask for — except that this recipe uses Earthbound Farms Organic Butternut Squash that’s pre-prepped for your convenience.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and ginger and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and season with salt and pepper. Add the squash and apple and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the squash is hot, about 8 minutes.
Transfer the squash to a food processor and puree until very smooth. Add the yogurt and lime juice, season with salt and pepper and puree once more. Scrape the squash into a bowl, garnish with chopped cashews and serve.