Creamy Cauliflower and Spinach Soup
Active Time: 5 minutes • Total Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 3 Servings
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head Earthbound Farm Organic cauliflower, chopped OR 2 bags of Earthbound Farm Organic Cauliflower Florets
- 8 ounce Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- garlic powder and pepper to taste
- hemp seeds and fresh spinach for topping
We love this veggie heavy twist on creamy soup from Shannon at Another Hungry Vegan. You can easily increase the amount of spinach called for to suit your tastes.
Add about an inch of water to a medium soup pot. Sautée the onion and garlic in the water over medium-high heat, adding a little water or vegetable broth if they begin to stick. Once the onions soften, add in the cauliflower and vegetable broth; bring to a boil.
Simmer on low for 20 minutes, then mix in the spinach and continue to cook for another five minutes. Transfer the soup to a blender, being careful of the heat, and blend thoroughly until the mixture becomes creamy. Add in the nutritional yeast and spices and continue blending.
Serve in soup bowls and top with more fresh baby spinach and hemp seeds for a tasty crunch.