Corn and Black Bean Salad with Romaine Leaves
Active Time: 0 minutes • Total Time: 0 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup Fresh uncooked corn kernels or Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Sweet Corn, thawed
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoon Finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon White wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounce Earthbound Farm Organic Romaine Leaves
Perfect for a picnic or a summer barbecue, this salad is easy to throw together at the last minute and makes a great presentation scooped into fresh whole romaine leaves. Ripe tomatoes, onions, parsley and spices provide a fresh flavor perk that makes convenience foods like canned beans and frozen corn taste delicious.
If you want to prepare the salad a day or two in advance, don’t add the dressing until it’s almost time to serve; if the salad sits overnight, the vinegar in the dressing may dim the bright colors of the tomatoes and parsley.
From Food to Live By: The Earthbound Farm Organic Cookbook by Myra Goodman
Place the black beans, corn, tomato, onion and parsley in a large bowl and stir gently to combine.
Place the garlic, vinegar, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
When it’s almost time to serve, pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss to coat. The salad can be kept at room temperature for up to 6 hours.