Cold Sesame Noodles with Broccoli and Kale
Prep time: 10 minutes • Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 of pre-roasted Earthbound Farm Broccoli
- 1½ teaspoons sambal oelek
- 3 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced, plus more for serving
- 1 3-inch piece ginger, peeled, cut into 1-inch matchsticks
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- ½ cup sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar, divided
- ½ cup cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups chopped Tuscan kale leaves
- 2 10 ounce packages fresh ramen noodles or two 3-ounce packages dried
- Torn mint leaves and toasted sesame seeds (for serving)
Sambal oelek is an Asian ingredient made with chiles, vinegar and a little salt and just a small bit of this tasty sauce takes this cold noodle dish to flavor heights you won’t want to miss. While the flavors need a little time to meld together and permeate the noodles, the working time on this recipe is super short.
Whisk sambal oelek, scallions, ginger, sliced garlic, 1 tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. pepper, and vinegar and oil in a large bowl. Add kale and broccoli; toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse under cold water. Add noodles and broccoli and kale and toss to coat. Divide among bowls and top with mint, sesame seeds, and more scallions.