Coconut Curry Vegetable Stew
Active Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 package Earthbound Farm Organic Vegetable Medley
- 6 oz Earthbound Farm Organic Green Beans chop into 1” pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (15-ounce) can light coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add this stew to any cold evening dinner to warm up you up on the inside. You can make this with an extra kick by adding a chili pepper or two to it or keeping it just the way it is on the recipe- either way it sure will be enjoyed. Add with a side of rice for more of a meal!
Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic; sauté over medium heat until the onions are golden brown. Add the Vegetable Medley Carrots and 2 cups of water; bring to a simmer. Add the Cauliflower and Broccoli; lower the heat and place a lid on the pot until the vegetables are half tender.
Add ginger, curry powder, cumin, turmeric and coconut milk. Return to a simmer; add the chopped green beans and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Add seasonings to taste.