Cinnamon-Spiced Butternut Smoothie
Active Time: 5 minutes • Total Time: 0 minutes
Yields: 1 Servings
- 1 1/4 cups Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Butternut Squash
- 1/2 cups milk, (dairy or nut)
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- OPTIONAL ADD-INS
- raw pumpkin seeds or nuts
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- ground cinnamon or nutmeg
This delicious recipe comes to us from Faith at An Edible Mosaic
Reminiscent of pumpkin, this butternut smoothie mimics my favorite pumpkin pie soft serve ice cream. This breakfast (or dessert!) treat is so thick and creamy that you may want to use a spoon to eat it when it’s first made. If you prefer your smoothies on the thinner side, you can either let it melt a little or decrease the butternut to 1 cup or increase the milk to 3/4 cup.
Add all ingredients to a blender (a high-power blender works well here), and process until smooth, tamping down as necessary.
Pour into a serving glass, top with anything you like, and serve.