Chickpea, Blueberry and Apple Salad with Ginger Lime Dressing
Active Time: 1 minutes • Total Time: 1 minutes
- 1 (5oz) box Earthbound Farm Organic 50/50 blend
- 1 cup crispy chickpeas (or protein of choice)
- 1 small green apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup nuts/seeds to garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Juice of 1 large lime
This #SaladSunday salad magic is from our dear friend and organic salad savant Alyssa Rimmer at Simply Quinoa. We challenged her to create a salad based just on the ingredients we might have on hand and we asked our community to chime in with what they have in their kitchens. What wound up with an unusual but intriguing assortment of ingredients that Alyssa crafted into a wonderful meal salad. Fresh, crisp, flavorful…and oh that Ginger Lime Dressing!!
Add the salad ingredients (minus nuts/seeds) into a large bowl. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, tamari, syrup, lime, and ginger. Pour dressing over the salad bowl and toss to combine.
Garnish with nuts/seeds (if desired) and enjoy!