Riced Cauliflower Burrito Bowls with Chicken
Prep time: 35 minutes • Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to even thickness (about 3/4")
- 2 teaspoons homemade or store bought taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 10 ounce package Earthbound Farm Organic Frozen Riced Cauliflower, cooked according to package instructions and drained
- 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 2 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Romaine Hearts, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- Guacamole or avocados sliced, for serving (optional)
- Lime wedges and additional cilantro, for serving (optional)
These Chicken Burrito Bowls with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice, from Marcie of Flavor the Moments, are healthy and low carb. They’re also gluten-free, dairy free, paleo, Whole30, and keto friendly!
How to make Chicken Burrito Bowls with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
Prepare the chicken:
Season the chicken breast on both sides with the taco seasoning. For best results, allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes for more even cooking.
Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on first side and it releases easily from the pan, about 6-7 minutes. Turn and cook on the second side until well browned and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from heat and allow to rest covered loosely with foil. Slice when ready to serve.
Prepare the cilantro lime cauliflower rice:
Place the cooked and drained cauliflower rice in a medium bowl. Add the zest of 1 lime, lime juice, 2 tablespoons of the chopped cilantro and salt, to taste, and stir to combine.
Prepare the salsa:
Place the chopped tomato, green onion, remaining 1 tablespoon of cilantro, jalapeño, juice from half a lime and salt, to taste in a small bowl and stir to combine.
Assemble the burrito bowls:
Divide the cauliflower rice between 2 bowls. Top with sliced chicken, chopped romaine, black beans, guacamole, and salsa. Serve with extra cilantro and lime wedges, and enjoy!
Recipe tips and substitutions:
These chicken burrito bowls are highly customizable. Swap out the chicken for beef, or omit altogether and enjoy a vegetarian cauliflower rice burrito bowl.
Chicken burrito bowls are great for meal prep. Portion everything into air-tight containers and store in the fridge for 3-4 days. Instead of guacamole or salsa, opt for chopped fresh veggies that will stay fresher longer.