Cheesy Spinach Twice Baked Potatoes
Active Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 75 minutes
Yields: 4 potatoes
- 4 medium size russet potatoes
- 5 oz Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup milk or unsweetened plain almond milk, depending on preference
- 1/4 cup creamy plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan or mozzarella, you can use vegan cheese too!
- sea salt to taste
Just when we were craving a new version of twice baked potatoes, along comes this recipe by Mary at Upbeet and Kaleing It. These are twice baked potatoes like you’ve never had them. This simple recipe is satisfying, comforting, and real treat with plenty of flavor to spare.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Pierce each potato a few times with a sharp knife or fork. Bake the potatoes on a baking tray for 50 minutes to an hour until they can easily be pierced with a fork. Take them out of the oven, set aside.
While the potatoes cool down, add the entire 5 ounce container of Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach to a pan and stream in the vegetable broth for a few minutes until it’s completely wilted and the liquid is absorbed.
Cut the potatoes in half once they have cooled and carefully scoop out the inside while leaving enough inside to keep the potato firm so it holds its shape.
Add the scooped out contents to a bowl along with the spinach and remaining filling ingredients. Mix well and place in the hollow potatoes. Bake an additional 15-17 minutes at 400 degrees and enjoy!