Chard, Fennel & White Bean Soup with Clams and Pistachio Pesto
Original recipe by cannellevanille.com
Active Time: 10 minutes • Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium organic yellow onion
- 1 medium organic fennel bulb, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks Earthbound Farm Organic Celery, sliced
- 3 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Green Chard, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- juice of one lemon
- 1 pound clams
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoon unsalted pistachios, shelled
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
This recipe comes to us from Aran Goyoaga from Cannelle et Vanille, who says:
“It was easy to come up with a soup recipe when Earthbound Farm approached me for a collaboration. This lemony chard, fennel and bean soup with pistachio pesto and clams is green, suggesting spring is around the corner, but hearty and warm. I was able to use a variety of their lovely organic produce for this recipe that I ended up serving for Sunday dinner with friends.”
Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat. Add the first six ingredients and cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are tender but not brown.
Add the white beans, chard, chicken stock, salt and black pepper. Bring the liquid to a simmer, cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes until all tender. Remove from heat, add the lemon juice and stir.
Combine the clams and white wine in a small pot. Cover with a lid and cook on high heat until the clams open. Add the clams with the juice into the soup pot and stir.
Serve the soup hot topped with pesto.
For the pesto: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix to form a paste.