Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Active Time: 20 minutes • Total Time: 60 minutes
Yields: 5-6 Yields
- FOR CAULIFLOWER:
- 2 packs Earthbound Farm Organic Cauliflower Florets
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- FOR MAC + CHEESE:
- 1 lb. dry elbow pasta
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened Almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups Mild cheddar cheese (shredded) + 1/2 cup (for topping)
- 2 cups shredded three cheese Italian blend
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of smoked paprika, dried parsley and garlic powder
Recipe by Orchids and Sweet Tea
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, toss cauliflower, olive oil, and seasonings together. Add cauliflower to baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
Grease a square baking dish with butter and set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add pasta and cook according to packaging. Drain, and add the cooked pasta to a large bowl with milk, butter, seasoning, and cheese together and stir everything until combined. Add the roasted cauliflower and toss together until incorporated.
Add the Mac + cheese mixture to baking dish and top with additional 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, spreading evenly.
In a bowl, add all ingredients and mix together until combined and “crumbly”. Sprinkle crumbs atop Mac and Cheese mixture, spreading evenly and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the sides are bubbling. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!