Carrot and Dill Salad
Active Time: 15 minutes • Total Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 pound Earthbound Farm Organic carrots, grated
- 6 Earthbound Farm Organic Green Onions
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper to taste
A grated carrot salad, flavored with fresh dill and scallions, offers a nice change from lettuce.
Here a simple creamy dressing based on buttermilk and lemon juice adds a bit of spark, which contrasts nicely with the sweetness of the carrots. It’s a perfect addition to picnics and barbecues.
Place the carrots, scallions, and dill in a large bowl and toss to combine.
Combine the buttermilk, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small jar and seal tightly. Shake vigorously to combine. Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate the salad, covered, for at least 45 minutes or up to 3 hours to let the flavors mingle. Drain off excess juices before serving.
Yields about 4 servings