California Waldorf Salad
Active Time: 20 minutes • Total Time: 0 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Earthbound Farm Organic Celery
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 3/4 cup halved organic green grapes
- 1 unpeeled organic apples
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts
- 5 ounce Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach or Spring Mix
We love this flavorful update of the American classic with a perfect balance of crisp apples, juicy grapes, sweet raisins and crunchy walnuts. The original Waldorf Salad was created more than a century ago at the legendary Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City, and its ingredients were just apples, celery and mayonnaise. Our version has a lively West Coast flair that includes tender baby spinach and a lighter dressing.
From Food to Live By: The Earthbound Farm Organic Cookbook by Myra Goodman
Place the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, zest, curry and honey in a small bowl, and whisk to combine.
Place the celery, raisins, grapes, apple and nuts in a large bowl. Add about half of the yogurt dressing and stir to combine.
Just before serving, add the spinach and toss to combine. Add more dressing if needed.