Cabbage & Organic Carrot Crunch Salad
Active Time: 20 minutes • Total Time: 0 minutes
Yields: 6 Servings
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Earthbound Farm Organic Romaine Heart
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 Earthbound Farm Organic Carrots
- 1 sweet-tart organic apple
- ½ cup raw, unsalted almonds
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh spearmint
This salad is delicious to eat, beautiful to behold and very healthful. It combines the crunch of red cabbage, organic carrots, succulent romaine hearts, crispy apples and almonds — all complemented by sweet-tart dried cranberries and an agave-Dijon vinaigrette.
From Straight from the Earth: Irresistable Vegan Recipes for Everyone by Myra Goodman & Marea Goodman
To make the vinaigrette: Combine the oil, vinegar, agave, mustard, salt and pepper in a small jar. Seal the lid tightly and shake vigorously to emulsify. Set aside at room temperature.
To make the salad: Combine the romaine, cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Add ½ cup of the vinaigrette (or more as desired) to the vegetables, and toss to combine. Divide the salad among 6 plates or bowls.
Toss the apples with the 2 tablespoons reserved vinaigrette and divide it among the individual salads. Top each salad with equal amounts of almonds, cranberries and spearmint (if using). Serve immediately.