If you adore the frenetic thrill of Black Friday, by all means dive in. We don’t want to strip you of that joy. But if that’s not your jam, maybe Green Friday is more appealing. Green Friday is simply a different way to approach the Day after Thanksgiving in ways that consider our impact on the planet. Here are some Green Friday ideas to get you thinking.
- Skip the buying bonanza all together and just get outside and appreciate the natural world. Maybe it looks like a walk or a hike or a bike ride or a paddle. The options are endless. Go somewhere you’ve never been or somewhere you love deeply. Wherever you go or whatever you do, pay extra attention to what’s special about the place you’ve chosen and why it affirms your commitment to protect the planet. Plus it up by adding a 24-hour digital detox.
- Spend the day getting a deep dive on a great book – preferably one that connects you to the beauty and magnificence of the natural world. Some of our favorites are:
- Make a plan for gifts of experiences you can share with friends and family or kindnesses you can do for them:
- Cook them a healthy meal
- Take them out for a meal
- Do something they need done around the house or yard
- Take them to a movie
- Babysit the kids so they can go out
- Take them to a play or a concert
- Take them on a hike you love
- The possibilities are endless…
- Make a donation in their name. Many of us already have a lot. But still we want to take the holiday gift-giving season to show how much we care about our loved ones. If you know your friend or family member well enough to know about causes that are important to them, chances are they’d appreciate a gesture like this.
- If you’re looking for a lighter greener meal for Green Friday, you could always peruse our many Organic Salad Recipes, featuring none other than our fresh, delicious and nutrient-dense organic greens.
Whatever you choose to do the Day After Thanksgiving…please enjoy. And accept our thanks, as always, for choosing organic.