Here comes Independence Day! Across America, folks will gather for picnics, parties and all the fun, flavorful traditions that commemorate our country’s birthday.
Come the 4th, we’ll be wetting our whistles with this cool red-white-and-blue celebration in a glass, a refreshing, easygoing cocktail that’s not too sweet and just bubbly enough to feel special. Thanks to our friend Stephanie in Minneapolis for this delicious addition to our mixological repertoire.
Earthbound Americana Cocktail
- Prep Time: 10m | Serves 4
- Fresh, juicy organic berries are purely delicious in this recipe — or try our frozen Organic Berry Basket Blend. The frozen berries are convenient (for spontaneous gatherings!) and they help keep the drink delightfully chilled.
- 1 cup fresh mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
or 1 cup frozen Earthbound Farm Organic Berry Basket Blend, plus extra fresh berries for garnish
- 2 tablespoons thinly chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1-1/2 ounces St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Juice of half a lemon
- Prosecco, Champagne or your favorite dry sparkling wine
- Using a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon, coarsely mash the berries, mint and sugar together in a cocktail shaker. Divide the pulverized fruit into 4 tall glasses. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and pour in the vodka, St-Germain and lemon juice. Shake or stir. Pour the liquor mixture over the berries in each glass.
- Top off each glass with Prosecco and garnish with a skewer of fresh berries. Enjoy!
Looking for more interesting drinks featuring fresh produce? Try our Kale 75 Cocktail or check out some of our other fruit-tastic favorites!